The Richardson family started trading at Lampton Road, Raynes Park, West Wimbledon SW20, in 1930. In 1945, after leaving active service in the Royal Navy, John Richardson took over the family business. In 1947, John married Daphne and the business became a partnership. In August 1960, the business moved to its present trading address in Feltham.
Richardsons employ 12 staff, some full time and some part-time, one of whom is Jim Richardson’s wife Jan. All staff are offered every opportunity of training, ranging from St Johns Ambulance First Aid at work to instructional courses, exams and factory visits.
The business premises are a large double fronted shop of 60 foot in depth with an office and additional warehouse storage. Richardsons specialise in locksmithing and locks of all types, key cutting, architectural ironmongery and Hand tools. In addition, they keep a large comprehensive stock of fixings ie; screws, rawbolts, nails and glues, etc. Also stocked is a very large and extensive range of hand tools for all trades. In the last 10 years, product lines such as cycle spares and plumbing supplies have been added. Recent additions to the range of stock are: models, model making equipment and supplies.
Richardsons offer a range of in-store services, including engraving for the likes of plaques, tankards and cups. We can also manufacture car and motorcycle number plates.
A special order service is available on request.
Mon: 08:45 - 17:45
Tue: 08:45 - 17:45
Wed: 08:45 - 17:45
Thur: 08:45 - 17:45
Fri: 08:45 - 17:45
Sat: 08:45 - 17:45